A pep rally. A block party. A race. A gateway to fitness. No matter what you want to call it, we can all agree that the 10k has earned its rep as one of RVA’s favorite traditions! Whether you’re making a resolution to be more active or you’re simply here for the party, this event is for you! Enjoy block after block of great local music and spirit groups. Revel in the crazy costumes, or dress up yourself. Raise money for VCU Massey Cancer Center and Kids Run RVA! Celebrate the new season, and show off your community pride! With 30,000 participants, there’s a place for you! Don’t worry about how you participate, just make sure you do!
Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k Schedule
|Thursday, March 30|
|3 – 9 p.m.||Health & Fitness Expo/Packet Pick-Up at the Arthur Ashe Athletic Center|
|Friday, March 31|
|11 a.m. – 9 p.m.||Health & Fitness Expo/Packet Pick-Up at the Arthur Ashe Athletic Center|
|Saturday, April 1|
|6 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Race Day Shuttle Service (advance ticket required)|
|6:45 – 9:30 a.m.||Times-Dispatch Dress Up & Run Contest check-in at Monroe Park|
|7 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Bike Valet service available in Monroe Park near Laurel and Main Street.|
|7:30 a.m.||Blessing of the Runners at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart.All are welcome and you don’t need your “Sunday Best” for this worship service! For more info, contact the Office of Vocations, Catholic Diocese of Richmond (804-359-5661).|
|7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Elephant Auto Insurance Bag Check available in Monroe Park (Laurel & Main St.).Leave your personal items in a safe spot at Bag Check! Just tear the tag off your bib and attach it to your bag for easy identification upon pick up.|
|8 a.m.||Virginia 529 Kids Run starts on Cathedral Place near Laurel St.|
|8:30 a.m.||Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k START – in waves at Broad St. & Harrison St.|
|9 a.m. – 1 p.m.||SUBWAY Post Race Festival at Monroe Park|
|10 a.m.||Awards Ceremony for overall race winners|
Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k Event Info
Health & Fitness Expo (Packet Pick-Up)
It’s not just the pick-up point for your t-shirt and goodie bag. It’s your one-stop-shop for race goodies, running gear, and apparel! Click here for full Expo details.
- There is no packet pick up available on Race Day.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your race packet.
- You may pick up a race packet for another pre-registered runner, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
Race Day Shuttle Service
You asked, and we listened! We’re excited to offer race day shuttles for 10k participants. Shuttle tickets must be purchased in advance at the Expo. More details can be found on the 10k Travel page.
SUBWAY Post Race Festival
Catch your breath and celebrate your finish at the post-race party! Features include:
- Live Music
- Post-Race Food & beverages– for participants ONLY, please!
- Vendor, sponsor and charity booths
- 10k Family Meeting Area
- Plan to meet up with your crew under the sign corresponding to the first letter of your last name.
- Awards Ceremony
- Richmond Region 10k Championship – Top 3 Male/Female
For more information on how to become a vendor at the Subway Post Race Festival call Amy Waters for a vendor packet.x222 or email
Say Cheese! Marathonfoto photographers will be snapping participant photos along the course, so don’t just flash your pearly whites – make sure your bib is visible! Then visit Marathonfoto’s website after the race to see your pics.
Tips & Safety
- This race is sanctioned by, and conducted under the rules of, USA Track & Field. In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO HAND CYCLES, BICYCLES, STROLLERS, BABY JOGGERS, BABIES IN CARRIERS/BACKPACKS, ANIMALS ON LEASHES, SKATEBOARDS or SKATES will be allowed on the course. This will be strictly enforced.
- Event registrants grant permission to the Sports Backers to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
- No one other than registered race participants may cross the finish line. Please do not have anyone join you for the final stretch. This is strictly enforced.
Stay classy out there! Follow these simple rules of race etiquette for a safe and friendly race.